Why do Teens Need or Want a Phone??

by Caitlyn · 25 comments

in Life

Hey everyone,

Sorry I know its been a long time but I’m back. Why do teens need or want a phone?? Maybe its because their parents work all day and have to call them to get picked up from school or to ask to go somewhere. Other teens have a phone because they are being spoiled by their parents who are trying to give them everything they want. Or some teens have earned or shown their parents that they need a phone for school activities or when they are finished with those activities.

All teens want a phone because they want to be like everybody else. By drinking the cultures kool-aid, they don’t want to feel left out. Believe me I know how that feels. But I also know how addicting it is to text all day and all night. Its fun but not healthy. I myself am a teen. I want a phone but I have not shown my parents that I’m responsible enough to have a phone yet. Yes, after my first year at Harwood Jr. High, my parents know I need a phone but are just waiting on me to show I’m trustworthy and responsible enough to have one. Teens ask yourself “Are you trustworthy and responsible with your phone?? Would God approve of what you are texting about to that girl or guy?? Do you really need a phone??”

If you aren’t, then you shouldn’t have one. If you are, then great. Good job!! I know some might be saying how do I know. I know because I wasn’t being responsible with my phone so I got it taken away. But now I truly see that I’m not ready to have a phone. But when I am, I am going to show my parents that they can trust me with a phone. And that I’m mature and responsible enough to use the phone wisely and appropriately.

Love,

Teen Cece

Teens, do you have a cell phone? Has it ever been taken away? What did you do or not do to lose it?

Caitlyn Campos is a blended teen who shares about life, going back and forth between two families and what it’s like to be a modern day teen.

{ 25 comments… read them below or add one }

Renee August 27, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Cece,

Speaking as a parent it is really refreshing to see you realize that you are not quite ready for the phone. There is seriously no rush here. I will be curious to know if you feel a sense of relief being without it. There will be a time when you just want a few hours away from your cell phone so enjoy this time.

What are reading?

-Renee’

Caitlyn November 22, 2012 at 10:49 am

Dear Renee,
Thanks for replying to my blog. Sorry it took forever for me to reply. Ya, I even surprised myself while I was writing the post and then again rereading it. Thanks. I had to put a different point of view. Because to be honest I was still a little mad that I had lost my phone. Your totally right there really is no need for me to be rushing to have a phone. I am just having difficulty with being different then all my friends. I do feel a relief most of the time. I can’t say I totally enjoy the time without it but I do appreciate it. I’m reading everything that is age appropriate and my parents let me read.
Love,
Teenager Cece.

Carloshidalgo November 23, 2012 at 10:37 pm

I love your insight! Whomever is teaching you this must be very smart.
Nowadays it is hard to find people my age that have this sort of thought on certain subjects like myself. :)

Caitlyn December 14, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Hey!! Really?? Some people think I’m crazy fro writing that. Sorry it took me forever to reply. Been busy with band and school. You know?? What class do we have together?? Because I know we have at least one class together but I can’t remember. Thanks my parents appreciate it. Later.

Bye,
Teenager Cece.

CarlosHidalgo December 14, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Oh yes! Your parents are teaching you very well. You are not crazy for writing the truth. It is very wise and a good example of responsibility. I understand how class work and band require much time and effort. I believe we are in Algebra class together. Thx for talking! :)

Caitlyn December 16, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Hey!!
Oh yeah!! I remember you now! Thanks. I try to show my parents that I’m responsible but I have been having some trouble lately. How often do you check my blog?? Did I tell you I had a blog?? I believe I did but I’m not sure. No, thank you for reading my blog. Yes, class and band require sooo much time and effort. But its soo much fun in band. Because I have made soooo many new friends and learned a ton. Well later.
Bye,
Teenager Cece

CarlosHidalgo December 16, 2012 at 5:55 pm

How do you get in trouble? Cuz u are so sweet inside and outside of class. I check your blog around every other day. Or whenever I can. You did tell me that you had a blog and I’ve been reading it ever since (by the way, I LOVE IT). I agree completely about band! Thx so much!

Caitlyn December 16, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Hey!!
Its farely easy for myself to get in trouble. Well thanks for liking my blog. Well I’m glad you conpletely agree about band. Ur welcome.
Later,
Teenager Cece

CarlosHidalgo December 16, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Well either way, I find it hard to believe that you get in trouble because you are too sweet for me to even imagine you doing bad things

Caitlyn December 26, 2012 at 1:39 am

You are a good friend for saying that. But you better believe it. Because its completely 100% true. Hey!! I’m just a normalish teenager. No biggie. I’m glad we are friends. Your a great person.
Bye,
Teenager Cece

CarlosHidalgo January 3, 2013 at 5:19 pm

sorry i havent responded, ive been out of town.
thank you so much for your compliments. i enjoy us being friends too because you are an amazing person to be around. :)

Caitlyn January 25, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Hey Carlos!!
Oh thats totally understandable. Have any fun?? Well your very welcome. Thanks.
Later,
Teenager Cece

CarlosHidalgo January 26, 2013 at 9:38 am

Hey!
Yes i did have a lot of fun with family even though i regret getting in trouble with my parents before we left (which made the car ride really awkward) but it was awesome. thanks! what about you?

Caitlyn February 4, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Hey Carlos!!
Thats good to hear. What about me?? Wow. I can just imagine. Later.
Bye,
Teenager Cece

CarlosHidalgo February 5, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Hey!
Did you have fun over the break? Ya it was but i slept most of the way so it was alright. :)

Later!

Caitlyn February 5, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Hey!!
Yes, I actually did have fun. Jk. I always have fun over the breaks with family. Wow. I can’t say I’m surprised. I do that too.
Later,
Teenager Cece

CarlosHidalgo February 5, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Hey!
Thats good to hear. lol. sometimes its best to just stay out of your parents hair and let them simmer down before you talk to them becuase then, they will usually make the punishment-and the lecture-harder on you.

Caitlyn February 9, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Hey!!
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Lol. Do I even want to know what you did to get in trouble?? So did you have fun at the dance last night?? How was your ensemble?? I bet you did great. You can start calling me the girl who asks so many questions. Lol.
Later,
Teenager Cece.

CarlosHidalgo February 9, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Hey!
Ya, i think i told you but you might’ve forgotten already. i have to tell you in person because this is a story i dont want to be for public viewing. yes i did have fun at the dance last night! wbu? did you dance with anybody? i had a great ensemble performance and got a 1st Division rating! :) wbu? you probably did better than us. 😉
how about i call you “the girl with the desire to learn”?
Later!

Caitlyn February 10, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Hey!!
Wow, is it really that personal?? Nevermind. I don’t think I want to know now. I had a ton of fun at the dance. Yes I danced with a lot of friends. Including guys. I got a 1st division too. No you can not call me that. Because that label is already taken. Its what I call my brother, Zachary. Yea I did do better than you that I got the same score. Lol.
Later,
Teenager Cece.

CarlosHidalgo February 10, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Hey!
yes it is that personal. thank you for understanding. thats good to hear, i saw you and it looked like you were having fun. 1st division! alright!!! :) oh ok lol. then what should i call you?
Later!

Caitlyn February 13, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Hi!!
Oh ok. Your welcome. What do you mean “thats good to hear”?? I was thank you very much. Wow. How come you saw me but I didn’t see you til the end?? Thanks!! Idk. You think of something else??
Later,
Teenager Cece

CarlosHidalgo February 13, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Hey,
ya, i meant thats good to hear that you had fun. oh ok, sure thing. see me at the end of the dance or ensemble? Idk, becuz you are so many things (positive of course :)) i cant pick one
Later!

Caitlyn February 15, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Hey.
I saw you at the beginning of the ensemble. I was talking about the dance. Gosh, way to brag about me “dad”. (Metaphoricly speacking.) Fine. I guess I’ll just be nothing. Do you know how many smiley faces you have sent me?? 😉
Later,
Teenager Cece

carloshidalgo February 15, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Hey!
Oh ok I saw you at the dance but not at the ensemble. Sorry lol. How can you be nothing? You are WAY more than that!!! Idk how many? :) 😛