I Finally Got a Cell Phone!!!

by Caitlyn · 11 comments

in About Me

Caitlyn Campos gets an iPhone http://FredCampos.com/caitlyn

Hey everybody!!

I’m back. I can’t believe I got a cell phone for Christmas. I know I put  it on my Christmas list and everything but still. I know that having a cell phone comes a lot of responsibility. I am ready to show my Father, the computer geek, and my Step-Mom, the teacher/planner, that I am responsible with a phone. I got a iPhone. I’m not sure which version it is but I know its not the 5s or whatever the newest version is called. I have a phone contract to follow. I know some of my friends, classmates, or other common readers of my blog might think this is stupid or my parents are too controlling, but really its just their way of telling me what their expectations are and the rules that come with my phone.  I love my parents and I understand why they made a contract. At first, to be honest, I thought it was a little extreme but its for my own good. If you want to read my contract go to my Father’s blog to read it.

Like I’ve said I don’t want to be like all the other teenagers my age. I want to be my own person. I don’t want to be just another girl. I want to be a original, different girl. I can’t wait till my phone gets activated. Which is two days away now. Yes, I’m counting. I think I’m driving my parents crazy because I’m listening to Taylor Swift’s new album Red over and over. That’s all I’ve been listening to since Christmas. But I just love this album. Okay back to my phone. I have soo many apps. But until I get service most of them don’t work outside my house. Which is ok but little bit stinks. I’m soo glad its the weekend because this past week has been soo busy. I can’t wait til Monday because I can text my friends and get their numbers that I don’t already have. Well that’s it about my phone. I’ll keep you posted.

Ttyl Bye,

Teenager Cece

Do you have a cell phone? Do your parents put restrictions on your phone?

Caitlyn Campos is a blended teen who shares about life, going back and forth between two families and what it’s like to be a modern day teen.

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

CarlosHidalgo January 14, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Nice phone!!!
Your parents are smart to give you a contract with written rules and regulations regarding youre phone. It may suck for a while but it just takes a little getting used to.

Caitlyn January 25, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Hey Carlos!!
Thanks. I think so too. Yes they are. Sometimes too smart. Especially when it comes to my dad. It really didn’t cause they told me years ahead of time that when I got one I would have a contract or (fake family) laws passed that I would have to follow. Plus all my conditions are totally understandable.
Later,
Teenager Cece.

CarlosHidalgo January 26, 2013 at 9:18 am

Hey!
oh ok that makes sense. Their “laws” are all understandable and they are just the basic rules of having a cell phone that almost every teen has.
later!

Carlos

Caitlyn February 5, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Hey!!
Yeah it does. Are you implying that you have cell phone rules?? What are yours??
Later,
Teenager Cece

CarlosHidalgo February 5, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Hey,
well i wasnt necessarily implying that but yes i do have cell phone rules such as, no inappropriate texting (sexual talk), and no late night texting. they are just basic rules that im sure that almost every teen has to follow but they make sense and keep us safe.
Later!

Caitlyn February 9, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Hey!!
Yes you were. Really no late night texting???? I doubt that every teen has them but the few that their parents actually are involved in their lives give them rules. Yea, sadly they make soo much sense. Wow. Are your parents friends of my dad?? Cause our safety is soo important. You have a rule saying no late night texting yet you posted this comment kinda very late at night. Well I guess I can understand the first rule that you have.
Later,
Teenager Cece

CarlosHidalgo February 9, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Hey!
well im sorry if i was. yes, sadly no late night texting. ya, some parents are more protective than others. i dont know if our parents are “friends” but they know eachother. our safety is VERY important to them even though sometimes we may think that we can handle situations ourselves. technically i wasnt texting, i was on the computer, which is not one of my rules becuase they trust me on the computer. How can you “guess” that you understand the first rule? the first rule is probably the most important one. think about it, two teens start sexting, they get to know eachother a little too well, and next thing you know, they have a baby together and have no money. :/
Later!

Caitlyn February 10, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Hey!!
I was just making a point. Well for me thats never good. Yes I know. I feel the same some times. Oh ok. Lol. I’m not going to answer that question about how I can guess because I don’t want to be mean. I might tell you in person or I might not. I know. Carlos, I have thought about my rules. Especially that one. My parents and I have had a few but seems like a lot of conversations about that rule. So I know. Very nice choice on the smiley face.
Later,
Teenager Cece

CarlosHidalgo February 10, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Hey!
oh ok lol. ya same here. thanks for being nice, :) it doesnt matter if you tell me in person or not. I have been in the same situation with my parents in that subject too, (probably 1 too many times) and i learned ALOT from that experience and i will never make the same mistake EVER. thanks, i put a lot of thought into what faces i put 😛 lol
Later!

Caitlyn February 13, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Hey!!
What do you mean by “thanks for being nice”?? I’m always nice. Ok. Same here. Yes, as awkward as it gets we still manage to learn something from it. Same here!! Your welcome. Lol.
Later,
Teenager Cece

CarlosHidalgo February 13, 2013 at 5:11 pm

i meant thanks for being abnormally nice than always, i know youre always nice. Now that i think about it, it does get really awkward… :/