I Was In The Spelling Bee!!

by Caitlyn · 9 comments

in Life, School

Cailtyn Campos in the Harwood Junior High Spelling Bee

Hey everybody!!

I was in my school’s Spelling Bee!! It was soo cool, fun, nerve racking, and a great experience. I didn’t win, but I got farther then I thought I would. I got to miss Athletics that day which was a bummer and a good thing at the same time. This was totally voluntary to all 28 of us. A lot of other students got invited but choose not to participate or forgot to sign up.

We went three rounds with not a single person getting out. I knew most of the eighth graders and a few of the sevies (seventh graders) that participated. Then on the fourth round we lost one eighth grader, then the next round I got out on the word “complexity.” The caller pronounced it like “complexsity” and that’s how I spelled it. Which was wrong.

I stayed to watch the rest of the Spelling Bee. The winner and alternate was two eighth grader boys: Sami (who is the eighth grader boy Student of the Month) and Alan (last year’s winner of the Spelling Bee and is in my Pre-AP Math class). My friend Savannah (who is in Yearbook, my History and Athletics class) was there taking pictures for the Yearbook. Some parents were there and the principal and vice principals too. I can’t wait till next year’s Spelling Bee because I’m going to do even better than I did this year!

Bye,

Teenager Cece

Were you ever in a Spelling Bee? Were you nervous? What word tripped you up?

Caitlyn Campos is a blended teen who shares about two family life, Christianity, and what it’s like to be a 21st century teen.

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

CarlosHidalgo January 25, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Great Job!!!
I wish i couldve participated but I kept forgetting to go after school and sign up. :(
I felt so stupid when i found out about the spelling bee that day. I won my 6th Grade spelling bee and got 7th place in the Arlington District Spelling Bee. And unfortunately i believe i wouldve been successful at these past two spelling bees but oh well… unfortunately this is the final Spelling Bee that we are eligible for, but we have other things to worry about than spelling bees. 😉
Later!!!

Carlos

Caitlyn January 25, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Hey Carlos!
Thanks. Its ok. What are you talking about?? We can still be in a spelling bee up until the end of freshmen year. Just we don’t participate with the seventh and eighth graders. Wow. Impressive!!
Later!!!!
Teenager Cece

CarlosHidalgo January 26, 2013 at 9:13 am

Hey!
Thanks. i didnt know that freshmen were allowed to compete! i thought 8th grade was the cutoff point for eligibility for the National Spelling Bee. but i guess that means that we both have a chance next year! :) thanks for the info!
Later!

Carlos

Caitlyn February 5, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Hey!!
Well, their you go. I told you something new. Yes we do. And I can promise you that your going down. Good Luck!!
Later,
Teenager Cece.

CarlosHidalgo February 5, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Hey!
thanks so much! I may be out of “spelling shape” but i think i might have a chance to win. 😉 Good luck to you too!
Later!

Caitlyn February 9, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Hey!!
Your welcome. Wow, I didn’t know you could be in “spelling bee shape”. I think we both have a chance of winning. Thanks. Same to you. Your funny you know??
Later,
Teenager Cece.

CarlosHidalgo February 9, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Hey!

Apparently you can be in “spelling shape” cuz i know im not the speller i used to be and need to work out my spelling skills. I cant wait until the next spelling bee!
really? you think im funny? thanks, it means alot to know that im just a funny person. 😛
Later!

Caitlyn February 13, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Hey!!
So you used to be in spelling bee shape?? Yes, you do need to work on your skills. Because I am and I’m getting pretty good. Why can’t wait till next spelling bee?? Really what?? Maybe I do think your funny. Jk. I think your funny. Well, yoour welcome. :)
Later,
Teenager Cece

CarlosHidalgo February 13, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Hey!!!
Yes i did! i used to be AMAZING but theres always room to improve. i cant until the next one becuz ive been waiting and its been a LONG TIME. 😛
well thank you for thinking im funny. i dont really try that hard to be but i guess im naturally funny :)
Later!