I know I’m a few days late but I want to tell you my goals, expectations, and things I want to do in 2013. Here we go from most important to kinda least:
1. Build and work on my relationship with God. Because I haven’t been as faithful with this as I could be in the past years and this should be my main thing I do everyday.
2. Be responsible, trustworthy, and honest with my parents. Because I’m still working on earning their trust back from my last time for disobeying my parents.
3. No sneaking, lying or deceiving my parents. Because that’s one of my very very bad habits that I want to break/overcome this year. Every time I get in trouble is because of this so its a pattern that needs to break.
4. Read 200-250 books. Because I’m a bookworm and I want to see if I can really read that many books. Its a test/experiment.
5. Do my BEST on my school work, homework and practicing my clarinet. Because I do great on everything for school but I can always improve on my work.
6. Make more Christ following of my friends. Which means making friends with students in FCA and The Mix. Because it would be nice to have a few more friends with my beliefs that I can go talk to when I’m in a tight spot or just for help or guidance.
7. Invite/bring more of my friends to The Mix and church on Sundays. Because I will do really good about this for awhile then when my schedule gets busy I start slaking off, which cheats my friends out of getting a chance to ask God into their hearts.
8. Be BOLD and more OPEN with my parents and friends. Because I have the tendency to bottle up all my emotions and keep them to myself instead of talking to somebody about them. I want to change this.
9. Know that I can talk to my parents and family members about ANYTHING. Because when I have questions about stuff its either embarrassing or I don’t know how to ask. I won’t ask the question or get upset because I can’t figure out how to ask it appropriately. I would like to be able to ask my questions.
10. Be more social with my family. Because during the school week I’m sometimes in my room doing homework or listening to music. For a few time last year, I would spend too much time in my room on the weekends instead of going out to the living room to socialize. I only have a few years left to be in my house with my younger brothers before college. I would like to spent that time wisely and not regret not being apart of their childhood later.
11. Follow the rules of my phone contract. Because as I’ve already said, I want to prove to my parents that I have learned from my mistakes and am mature enough to not do them again.
12. No inappropriate texting or etc. Because that’s not the type of girl I want to be and all that brings is trouble. So I’m not going to do that.
13. Spend time with my friends. Because its always good to know who are the friends who have your back no matter what.
14. Do more around the house. Like chores. Because I don’t think its fair of me and my younger brothers to be making a mess and expecting my step-mom or Daddy to be in charge of cleaning it up.
15. Possibly learn how to properly babysit. Because I’m getting close to that age where I can babysit. And it would be a useful thing to learn.
16. Write more stories, lyrics and songs. Because I have learned that song writing comes naturally to me. Also its soo much fun.
17. Blog more. Because I have a blog why not use it. Also its part of my contract.
18. Rewrite my room’s rule book. Because I wrote that a few years ago and would like to edit that and bring it up to date.
19. Possibly learn how to play the guitar and piano. Because I have always wanted to know how to play the guitar. And with me playing the clarinet, the music is soo similar to piano music that it would be useful to know how to play. Besides both my Daddy and step-mom are piano teachers.
20. Get braces!! Because I need to get the rest of my braces and I don’t want to go to high school wearing braces. That would be soo embarrassing!!!!
21. Lose weight and be faithful to exercise daily to achieve this goal. Because I have a very unhealthy habit that I will lose weight then gain it back over and over throughout the whole year. I want and need to stop this pattern.
22. Get to go on a People to People Student Ambassador trip. Because they are soo cool and would be a great experience for me to have.
23. Get to go to Allaso Ranch. Its my church’s summer camp. I haven’t been since 2008. Because of money and its always during the time I’m with my mom during the summer.
24. Get better at photography. Because its become one of my new hobbies and there’s sooo much to learn about taking pictures.
What are your goals? What do you want to accomplish this year?
Caitlyn Campos is a blended teen who shares about two family life, Christianity, and what it’s like to be a 21st century teen.