My Goals For 2013!!

by Caitlyn · 16 comments

in About Me, Life, School

Caitlyn Campos' 2013 Goals http://FredCampos.com/caitlyn

Hey everybody!!

I know I’m a few days late but I want to tell you my goals, expectations, and things I want to do in 2013. Here we go from most important to kinda least:

1. Build and work on my relationship with God. Because I haven’t been as faithful with this as I could be in the past years and this should be my main thing I do everyday.

2. Be responsible, trustworthy, and honest with my parents. Because I’m still working on earning their trust back from my last time for disobeying my parents.

3. No sneaking, lying or deceiving my parents. Because that’s one of my very very bad habits that I want to break/overcome this year. Every time I get in trouble is because of this so its a pattern that needs to break.

4. Read 200-250 books. Because I’m a bookworm and I want to see if I can really read that many books. Its a test/experiment.

5. Do my BEST on my school work, homework and practicing my clarinet. Because I do great on everything for school but I can always improve on my work.

6. Make more Christ following of my friends. Which means making friends with students in FCA and The Mix. Because it would be nice to have a few more friends with my beliefs that I can go talk to when I’m in a tight spot or just for help or guidance.

7. Invite/bring more of my friends to The Mix and church on Sundays. Because I will do really good about this for awhile then when my schedule gets busy I start slaking off, which cheats my friends out of getting a chance to ask God into their hearts.

8. Be BOLD and more OPEN with my parents and friends. Because I have the tendency to bottle up all my emotions and keep them to myself instead of talking to somebody about them. I want to change this.

9. Know that I can talk to my parents and family members about ANYTHING. Because when I have questions about stuff its either embarrassing or I don’t know how to ask. I won’t ask the question or get upset because I can’t figure out how to ask it appropriately. I would like to be able to ask my questions.

10. Be more social with my family. Because during the school week I’m sometimes in my room doing homework or listening to music. For a few time last year, I would spend too much time in my room on the weekends instead of going out to the living room to socialize. I only have a few years left to be in my house with my younger brothers before college. I would like to spent that time wisely and not regret not being apart of their childhood later.

11. Follow the rules of my phone contract. Because as I’ve already said, I want to prove to my parents that I have learned from my mistakes and am mature enough to not do them again.

12. No inappropriate texting or etc. Because that’s not the type of girl I want to be and all that brings is trouble. So I’m not going to do that.

13. Spend time with my friends. Because its always good to know who are the friends who have your back no matter what.

14. Do more around the house. Like chores. Because I don’t think its fair of me and my younger brothers to be making a mess and expecting my step-mom or Daddy to be in charge of cleaning it up.

15. Possibly learn how to properly babysit. Because I’m getting close to that age where I can babysit. And it would be a useful thing to learn.

16. Write more stories, lyrics and songs. Because I have learned that song writing comes naturally to me. Also its soo much fun.

17. Blog more. Because I have a blog why not use it. Also its part of my contract.

18. Rewrite my room’s rule book. Because I wrote that a few years ago and would like to edit that and bring it up to date.

19. Possibly learn how to play the guitar and piano. Because I have always wanted to know how to play the guitar. And with me playing the clarinet, the music is soo similar to piano music that it would be useful to know how to play. Besides both my Daddy and step-mom are piano teachers.

20. Get braces!! Because I need to get the rest of my braces and I don’t want to go to high school wearing braces. That would be soo embarrassing!!!!

21. Lose weight and be faithful to exercise daily to achieve this goal. Because I have a very unhealthy habit that I will lose weight then gain it back over and over throughout the whole year. I want and need to stop this pattern.

22. Get to go on a People to People Student Ambassador trip. Because they are soo cool and would be a great experience for me to have.

23. Get to go to Allaso Ranch. Its my church’s summer camp. I haven’t been since 2008. Because of money and its always during the time I’m with my mom during the summer.

24. Get better at photography. Because its become one of my new hobbies and there’s sooo much to learn about taking pictures.

Ttyl Bye,

Teenager Cece

What are your goals? What do you want to accomplish this year?

Caitlyn Campos is a blended teen who shares about two family life, Christianity, and what it’s like to be a 21st century teen.

{ 16 comments… read them below or add one }

Daddy January 21, 2013 at 9:18 am

My Dearest Caitlyn,

first and foremost, I think this list is admirable and amazing. While I do think reading 200 books may be a little high, having a reading goal is fantastic. Let’s discuss carving out some time to perhaps give you some piano lessons, as you know we are both teachers.

I love you dearly and stay focused as you can accomplish anything you set your mind too.

Daddy

Caitlyn January 25, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Hi Embarrassing Father of Mine,
One you weren’t suppose to post this yet and two what on earth are you talking about?? I might or might not let you teach me piano. I will try.
Love,
Teenager Cece

Daddy January 25, 2013 at 8:56 pm

My Dearest Loving Daughter,
Sorry girl, I saw a post in the draft with 24 goals and a “Ttyl Bye” I thought you were done. Embarrassing you on a regular basis comes with the territory and is part of the job description of being a parent. *hehe*

Awesome goals nonetheless!

Love,
Daddy

CarlosHidalgo January 21, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Hey Caitlyn! I read your post and saw that you would like would like to learn guitar. :) I’m not sure if you were aware of it but i play guitar and I am willing to help you!

Caitlyn January 25, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Hey Carlos!
Thanks for the offer and I will keep it in mind. I’m working on my dad allowing me to learn first. Yes I’m aware because some of your friends that know my friends talk about it a lot.
Bye,
Teenager Cece

CarlosHidalgo January 26, 2013 at 9:16 am

Hey!
Alright thanks for considering my offer! :) i didnt know that your dad played guitar! thats awesome! and I’m surprised at how fast news spreads at our school!
Later!

Carlos

Caitlyn February 5, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Hey!!
My dad doesn’t play guitar. He plays piano. Your very welcome. Well we’re teens and we gossip so news should spread around pretty quickly. Lol.
Later,
Teenager Cece

CarlosHidalgo February 5, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Hey!
oh ok i gotcha now :P. are you going to buy your own guitar? ikr! its crazy! thats why sometimes i’m really careful about who i talk to and what i tell them because i dont want the whole world to know EVERYTHING about me (not saying i have anything to hide ;))
later!

Kathy G (Mama Bird) January 21, 2013 at 3:31 pm

You’re 13? This is extraordinary. Not only for creating this list, but making it public!!! You;re on the right track C.. keep it up and don’t forget to ask your parents for help. I remember being 13 and didn’t want to do that myself, but I ended up struggling more than I needed to. They have wisdom you will look back and see later.. you’ll grow right along side them while learning your own lessons. GREAT WORK.. and keep playing that clarinet 😉

Caitlyn January 25, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Dear Kathy,
Yes I’m 13. Almost fourteen. I’m counting down. My dad wasn’t suppose to post this blog yet because it wasn’t finished and I’m not big on making myself as public as my dad. But thanks. I will try to grow along side them but at times its hard. When we don’t see eye to eye. Thanks again. I will. I love it.
Love,
Teenager Cece

Caitlyn February 9, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Hey Carlos!!!!
No, thats exactly what your saying. So, you have secrets?? What are you hiding?? I actually might buy a guitar but I’m not sure yet. What type do you have?? Really your careful about what you say and to who you say it too?? I’m sorry but I don’t quite believe you their. Why don’t you want everybody to know everything about you??
Later,
Teenager Cece.

CarlosHidalgo February 9, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Hey!
no its not. i have some personal stories that i dont feel comfortable telling people that i dont know that well . its not really a secrets its just not a comfortable thing to talk about freely. kool i have an Epiphone PR-5E and i love it!! yes im very careful even though it seems like im not. i just have a lot of fun stories to tell but i have some bad ones i keep to myself and my loved ones.

Caitlyn February 10, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Hey!!
Yes it is. Are we really going to argue about this?? You didn’t answer my question. So you call your secrets stories?? Interesting. Oh. Those are the really nice ones but a little bit cheaper then the gibsons right?? See I know my guitars. I’ll admit that I have my own secrets. Also when my dad publishes my next blog please don’t ask the questions I’m sure you will ask.
Later,
Teenager Cece.

CarlosHidalgo February 10, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Hey!!!
no its not. i dont like arguing but if i have to i will. i guess i do call them that but the word “secrets” has a negative connotation and i dont like the way it sounds so i use “stories” ya, i love it! Epiphone is basically the “common man’s” version of gibson becuz Gibson is ALOT more expensive. im glad to see that your learning about guitars! that means we have 1 more thing to talk about! :) what are your secrets? becuz u asked me about mine. 😛 why? whats wrong with the next blog??? when is it coming???
Later!!!

Caitlyn February 13, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Hey!!
Really, we are going to have an arguement over this?? Yes it is. Me too. But I will prove you wrong. To some people it does, not all people though. Wow. Thats cute. Yea, I knew that. Well, thanks. I hope that was a compliment. Yes it is. How many things do we have in common like in total?? I have a ton of secrets. Your gonna have to be more specific if your wanting me to tell you. Their are some things that your going to ask I bet. Its kinda awkward to talk about some stuff with your guy friend. Hopefully not to soon.
Later,
Teenager Cece

CarlosHidalgo February 13, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Hey,
Lets just end it now before it goes to bad place. thanks. i havent really thought about how many things we have in common but i bet its a good sized list. well i dont want to invade your privacy so you dont need to tell me anything if you dont want to. alright, well ill be waiting for it. 😉
Later!!