Hi everyone. I’m back. Today is kinda important day because I will be telling you all the reasons why I’m against my dad running for school board. Vote for Alicia for HEB School Board Place 1. (She’s my dad’s competition.) Now let’s begin.
1. I might be able to go to the Trinity High School’s football games to see the band (My future).
2. I am sure we’ll get invited to see more plays (also at THS).
3. I’ll get to tag along at the activities at Meadow Creek Elementary (my old school).
4. I’ll get to know about important information before everybody else.
5. Possibly might be able to make a good impression on my high school principals and staff members.
I have to admit that all of these are really good reasons but they don’t exactly outnumber my cons. So, Dad I know you are reading. These are why I’m against you.
1. You’ve met my high school principals. That’s NOT cool! You’ve even had lunch with my former and existing superintendents. It’s cool in Elementary, then it’s awkward in Junior High, but High School is way, WAY too far.
2. The time dad, the time… You’ll barely ever be home to spend time with ummm, us kids. I have only 4 years left at home. The fact that your not even gonna be home more isn’t ok with me. Then again, as much as I love you NOT being home… You’ll miss all the most precious memories. Yea, that’s it. 4 more years dad, that’s all I have left.
3. You will be even MORE involved with MY school life. More than I’m ok with you having It’s already weird that you know ALL of my friends and are following (stalking) them on Instagram. Why can’t you (dad) be like normal (tuned out) parents (dads)?? Because normal dads aren’t that weird. Also stop talking, coaching, counseling, and giving my friends ideas!!! Not cool!!!
4. You will have more access to be best friends with all of my teachers. Which is just WEIRD!!! Be normal please?? I beg you!
5. You will have to go to all those boring/lame board meeting, while mom and I need YOU at home. Yea, yea. Or I am sure they will schedule a meeting during an event that I am SURE you’ll have to miss because of the meeting. I am sure I’ll need help with some kind of homework that ONLY you could help me with. You need to stay home EVERY night just in case. *hint, hint*
6. I don’t want to be known as the girl who’s father is on the school board. I know this is so teenager speaking but do you have ANY idea how this might affect MY reputation?? I love you dad but seriously NOT cool. Especially since I’m about to be a freshman.
7. Finally, I never thought I would have to tell you this, but this will affect your “cool dad” reputation with my friends. Cause cool dad’s don’t become politicians. (Unless you’re President, but sadly that’s not what your running for, so yeah.)
8. I love you dearly! But this is going to affect our family relationship a little, I mean, a lot. Why now? Why not after we all graduate? Or at least after I go to college. Just wondering.
Ok, these are all I have right now. But I’m just 14. I still have 2 weeks to come up with more. I love you dad but Vote for Alicia Probasco!
What do you do when your parents are overly involved in your life? What would you do if your dad was going to destroy your cool status? How can I convince my dad to be less involved in my school stuff?
Caitlyn Campos is a blended teen who shares about a two-family life, Christianity, and what it’s like to be a 21st century teen.